Items for Sale
Click on the next to an item to see a photograph of that item.
[Historical - City Booklets]
(5) BROCHURE: Welcome to their Gracious Majesties-Condition: Fair- No tears, but has watermarks. Pictures and print are good.-Colored- c. 1930s. Inside colored picture of Locomotive to go on display in New York's World's Fair (after their Majesties' visit). Canadian Pacific railroad Lines
Price: $12.00 + shipping.
(384) 1907 Railroad Shipping Bill-Tidewater Railway Company, Norfolk, VA.-Condition: Good + Outside cover has the Name of Railway Co., Name Bill was made out to, and what was sent and cost. Inside of bill is, Invoice number of 2 items, total cost, Signatures of Purchasing Agent, Asst. Treasurer, Gen. Manager, Auditor, and Examiner of Papers! Total for shipping (stock) was $24.03. Size (opened) 7" by 8 1/4". Some discoloring of Fold. Staple holes at top left. Bill is folded like a Certificate. Price: $6.00 + shipping.
(385) 1907 Railroad Shipping Receipt-Tidewater Railway Company, Norfolk, VA.-Condition: Good Full sheet folded 4 times across length. Staple mark at top. This sheet was a receipt for prepayment of item to be shipped from Big Stony, VA. Cost was $1.14. Size is 8 1/4" by 11". Price: $5.00 + shipping.
(690) Brotherhood of Railway and Steamship Clerks - June 30, 1922 - Traveling Card - Condition: Good + This card has some darkening with age along right side. It is in a hard plastic card protector. The card measures 4" by 2 1/2". It was issued to George D. Mayo. It was issued to members of the Brotherhood of Railway and Steamship Clerks, Freight Handlers, Express and Station Employees. The back of the card states that it is a traveling card for the Fitzgerald Lodge # 853. The card is signed by the President and Secretary of the Lodge. It is stamped with a seal. Price: $On Auction + shipping.
(858) Brotherhood of Railway and Steamship Clerks - December 31, 1920- Traveling Card - Condition: Good This card has some darkening with age and fingering. The card measures 4" by 2 1/2". It was issued to A. Templeton. It was issued to members of the Brotherhood of Railway and Steamship Clerks, Freight Handlers, Express and Staion Employees. It opens and has Stamps under 4 months, January through April. The Stamps indicate payment of dues. The back of the card states that it is a traveling card for the Pioneer Express Lodge # 2008. The card is signed by the President and Secretary of the Lodge. It is stamped with a seal. the Card Actually belonged to Alonzo Templeton, who was a railway worker for 60 years. He was considered quite an adventurer for his time, and helped to build some of the lines that criss-crossed the country. The cards were used to travel throughout the country with his wife Martha on many wonderful vacations. Price: $5.00 + shipping.
(859) Brotherhood of Railway and Steamship Clerks - December 31, 1928 - Traveling Card - Condition: Fair This card has some darkening with age and fingering. Is is well used. The card measures 4" by 2 1/2". It was issued to Alonzo Templeton. It was issued to members of the Brotherhood of Railway and Steamship Clerks, Freight Handlers, Express and Staion Employees. It opens and has Stamps under all 12 months. The Stamps indicate payment of dues. The back of the card states that it is a traveling card for the Pioneer Express Lodge # 2008. The card is signed by the President and Secretary of the Lodge. It is stamped with a seal. the Card Actually belonged to Alonzo Templeton, who was a railway worker for 60 years. He was considered quite an adventurer for his time, and helped to build some of the lines that criss-crossed the country. The cards were used to travel throughout the country with his wife Martha on many wonderful vacations. Price: $3.00 + shipping.
(987) 1930 - Atlantic Coast Line - Florida to New York - Condition: Very Good Wonderful Ad done in Black and White with Artistic Illustration. The ad explains that the Atlantic Coals Line operates 17 passenger trains to Florida each day during the Winter Tourist Season! This ad was done in 1930 and measures 7" by 10".
(1656) Pamphlet - Steam Trains - Late 1930's. - Condition: Good Plus Beautiful illustrations of several speed breaking steam engines from Europe and US. Trains include The Mallard, Cornish Riviera Express, Royal Scot Class Locomotive, and The Coronation. Illustrations are large and done in color and B&W. Pamphlet measures 9 1/2" by 7" and has 6 pages with illustrations of 8 trains. Back 2 pages has small section of corner missing (does not affect the illustration). Price: $On Auction + Shipping.
(1194) Buick Magazine - June 1952 - Condition: Very Good Very interesting magazine published by the Buick Company, and put out by Whitaker & Son, a Buick Dealorship which is still in Sidney, NY. The magazine contains several articles including: The Valley Beautiful, Prairie Trek, Acadia, Buicks XP-3300 Dream Car, Museum with a Sparkle, and Take a Timber Tour. Each article is full of wonderful photos both tinted and B&W. There are is a full page ad showing the Buick Roadmaster. The magazine measures 8 1/4" by 10 1/4" and has 15 pages.
Price: $7.00 + Shipping.
(1195) Buick Magazine - September 1953 - Condition: Very Good Very interesting magazine published by the Buick Company, and put out by Whitaker & Son, a Buick Dealorship which is still in Sidney, NY. The magazine contains several articles including: Monument Valley, Fighting Striped Bass, Clock Punching Pigeons, Cowstepping Cowboys from Texas, Fiding the Riffles of the Rogue, and Tennessee Stir - Off. Each article is full of wonderful photos both tinted and B&W. There are two full page ads showing the Buick Roadmaster and Buick Dor-Gard (their spelling). The magazine measures 8 1/4" by 10 1/4" and has 15 pages.
Price: $7.00 + Shipping.
(1196) Buick Magazine - September 1953 - Condition: Very Good Very interesting magazine published by the Buick Company, and put out by Whitaker & Son, a Buick Dealorship which is still in Sidney, NY. The magazine contains several articles including: Monument Valley, Fighting Striped Bass, Clock Punching Pigeons, Cowstepping Cowboys from Texas, Fiding the Riffles of the Rogue, and Tennessee Stir - Off. Each article is full of wonderful photos both tinted and B&W. There are two full page ads showing the Buick Roadmaster and Buick Dor-Gard (their spelling). The magazine measures 8 1/4" by 10 1/4" and has 15 pages.
Price: $7.00 + Shipping.
(1637) Motor - Auto Repair Manual - 1974 - Hard Back - 37th Edition - First Printing. - Condition: Excellent Huge repair manual for all cars produced in 1974. Cars include: American Motor (Ambassador, AMX, DPL, Gremlin, Hornet, Javelin, Matador, Rambler, Rebel, Rogue), Buick (Apollo, Cnturion, Century, Electra, Gran Sport, Le Sabre, Regal, Riviera, Skylark, Special, Wagons, Wildcat), Cadillac, Checker Motors, Chevrolet (Bel Air, Biscayne, Camaro, Caprice, Chevelle, Chevy II, Impala, Monte Carlo, Nova, Wagons, Vega), Chrysler, Corvair, Corvette, Dodge (Challenger, Charger, Coronet, Dart, Demon, Monaco, Polara, Swinger), Ford - Full Size (Custom, Galzxie, LTD, XL, Wagons), Ford - Compact and Intermediate (Fairlane, Falcon, Maverick, Mustang, Torino), Ford Mustang II, Ford Pinto, Imperial, Lincoln, Mercury - Full Size (Brougham, Marauder, Marquis, Montclair, Monterey, Park Lane, Wagons), Mercury - Compact and Intermediate (Cliente, Capri, Comet, Cougar, Cyclone, GT, Montego, Wagons), Oldsmobile (Cutlass, Delmont 88, Delta 88, F-85, 4.4.2, 98, Omega, Royale, Super 88, Toronado, Vista Cruiser), Plymouth (Barracuda, Belvedere, Duster, Fury, GTX, Roadrunner, Stellite, Scamp Signet, Valiant, VIP), Pontiac (Bonneville, Catalina, Executive, Firebird, GrandAm, Grand Prix, Grandville, GTO, le Mans, Safari, Sprint, Star Chief, Tempest, T-37, Ventura II), and Thunderbird. The book measures 9" by 11" and has OVER 1200 PAGES!
Price: $28.00 + Shipping.
(323)The Official Nascar Directory for 1994 Includes the Trip-Planning Guide to the Races.-Condition:Excellent This is a thick ringed guide book. Book has well over 100 pages. The cover has the Nascar Symbol with the Valvoline Ford and Kodak Car drawn as if racing. This guide includes everything for the racing circuit: Maps, lists of lodging, good eats, a Comprhensive description and history of each Race Track. The book has lamenated cardboard pages spaced between the regular paper ones. The first part of the book is dedicated to articles about some of the favorite drivers (Dale Earnhardt, Rusty Wallace, Harry Gant, Jeff Gordon, Mark Martin, and Ernie Irvan. These articles are full of colored photographs. A really beautiful book for Racecar Fans! Price: $18.00 + shipping.
(324) Michael Waltrip Collectible Cards 12 cards + 1 Collectible Coin!-Condition: Mint. This collection of cards includes: Select Skills, Finish Line Gold (2 different ones), MAXX Series (2 of them), Racer's Choice (2 of them), PressPass (2 different ones), Winston Cup 95 Preview, PressPass 96, and Upper Deck (Screaming Steel). The coin is a Limited Edition from Pinnacle Mint Collection! Price: $10.00 + shipping.
(355) NBA Draft Guide from 1997-Condition: ExcellentBooklet has 71 pages. They include Articles and Information on all the Basketball players that were involved with the Draft in June. Many pictures, and information on the NBA Teams. Some articles giving an overview of the method and idea behind the Basketball Draft and how it works. Over all a very informative booklet, and a great one to have if any of the new players make it big! There are 2 of these Guides availablePrice: $5.00 per Guide + shipping.
(1503) Ticket - Seattle Supersonics - October 15, 1990. -Condition: Good Plus Ticket was for a preseason game. It was for section 27, row L, and seat 6. Bottom right corner has a crease. Has a photo of Mullin jumping for the ball. Ticket measures 2" by 4". Price: $4.00 + shipping.
(1668) Harlem Globetrotters Souvenir Program - 1959 - Trip to Soviet Union during Cold War. - Condition: Very Good Wonderful memorabilia of the famous Harlem Globetrotters! Program includes many photos of the team, including as they are leaving New York for their historic trip to the Soviet Union, Prseident Eisenhower with picture of note he sent to the team, photos of their visit in Russia, Russian people including Premier Khrushchev, tour of Italy, Ireland, and Alaska. Program includes several interesting ads. Also has individual biographies of each player including the amazing Meadowlark Lemon. The program measures 7 1/2" by 10" and has 26 pages.
Price: $14.00 + Shipping.
(1912) Postcard - Bowman Gray Memorial Stadium in Winston-Salem, N.C. - Condition: Very Good Card was published by the Asheville Post Card Co. It is an areal view of the stadium. The postcard measures 5 1/2" by 3 1/2". This is a Nascar Stadium and had the first Sanctioned event on May 18, 1949. The stadium was built in 1937 to provide jobs during the Great Depression. In the beginning its sole purpose for for collegiate football. Later Trotter Horse Racing was added on the dirt oval surrounding the football field. This card shows the stadium prior to the car racing era...as there is a football field and the dirt track. Postcard never posted.
Price: $ 6.00 + Shipping.
(1932) Dale Earnhardt - Cover of TV Time - The Orlando Sentinel - June 28, 1998 - Condition: Excellent A wonderful picture of Dale Earnhardt with Brooks and Dunn. The article in the magazine was about a program that featured Brooks and Dunn country music done for the 50th Anniversary of Nascar. The program was called "Fifty Years on the Fast Track with Brooks and Dunn". The magazine measures 8" by 10" and has 75 pages.
Price: $10.00 + Shipping.
(47) TRAVEL: Pennsylvania's Grand Canyon-Condition: Very Good- Some discoloration of outside folder, inside pictures in Excellent condition.- Foldout folder, color tinted pictures. Circa 1920's.
Price: $6.00 + shipping.
(244)Phamphlet - Rockefeller Center Fold out Phamphlet Circa 1956. -Condition: Very Good Beautiful colored cover showing street scene in front of Center. Inside gives map of Building and photos. Information lists all exhibits and tours and gives times they are open. One 1/2" stain on one inside page. Price: $3.50 + shipping.
(746) 1951 - Litho Brochure - Bridal Chamber at Florida's Silver Springs-Condition: Excellent This beautiful color brochure features illustrations of swimmers, bathers at the springs, and varies water scenes. A map of Florida is also included. The Brochure measures 16" by 18" when opened. On one side of the opened brochure there are black and white photos of Ross Allen (Founder of Silver Springs), the famous Glass Bottom Boats, and an areal view. There is a long and detaild description of the attraction. The other side has the colored illustrations and a history of the Bridal Chambers. Price: $6.00 + shipping.
(823) 1967 - Book - Unique Ghost Towns and Mountain Spots in Colorado - By: Caroline Bancroft-Condition: Very Good This fascinating Book deals with Ghost Towns and Mountain Spots in Colorado. It contains descriptions, maps, and black and white photos. There is also a fold out map of the trail to follow through the mountains to get to all of the sites. The cover is made of extremely stiff cardboard. There are 96 pages. Price: $6.00 + shipping.
(854) 1937 - Seeing America - HB Book - Published by Rand McNally. -Condition: Excellent A fascinating look at America through photos and descriptions from the 1930's. This book has 64 pages, with each page showing 2 photos of famous sites with a paragraph of description for each photo. The photos are in B&W. There is a map drawn at the beginning pinpointing each place mentioned in the book. There seems to be at least one famous site for each state (48) and areas of Canada. The cover is tight and all of the pages are secure. They are in excellent condition. The book measures 7" by 5 1/2". Price: $8.00 + shipping.
(856) C1968 - Yellowstone National Park - Postcard Book -Condition: Excellent An interesting booklet full of detachable postcards and smaller photos to keep. All 20 postcards are in color as are the 20 miniature pictures. The book is intact with no cards missing. Photos include Old Faithful, Minerva Terrace, Morning Glory Pool, Yellowstone Lake, Firehole River, Seismograph Pool, Yellowstone Bears, Tower Fall, Bison Bulls, Castle Geyser, Yellowstone River, Bull Moose, Grand Canyon of Yellowstone, Continental Divide, Elk, and American Black Bear. Price: $8.00 + shipping.
(941) 1940 - UTAH - The Tourist Guide - Compliments of the Bureau of Information - Salt Lake City, Utah. -Condition: Excellent This interesting tourist guide contains information on the History, People, Resources, Attractions, and Institutions in 1940 Utah. The first few pages are full page ads for Union Pacific Rairoad, Western Pacific Railroad, ZCMI (America's First Department Store), and the Rio Grande Scenic Railroad Line. There are some black and white photos throughout the booklet, and there is a full page (back cover) ad for The Hotel Utah on the back cover. The booklet measures 5" by 7 1/4" and has 96 pages. The pages are tight and in beautiful condition. There are a few small areas of discoloration on the back cover. Price: On Auction + shipping.
(948) 1972 - Windsor Castle - Guide. -Condition: Excellent This Windsor Castle Guide is full of beautiful full page color photos that include the grounds, paintings, and different rooms in the castle. The photography is stunning. The Guide is made of a stiff cardboard cover and shiny surfaced pages. It measures 7" by 9" and has 32 pages. Price: $5.00 + shipping.
(1018) 1945 - Souvenir Letter Card of EDINBURGH - Sent by American GI. -Condition: Good Plus A Souvenir Folder that was mailed to a Mr. C. L. West Jr. in Orlando Florida. They were sent by Sgt. Robert M. Woodbery, SEC. 14 SQ.D. B.A.D. #2. The outside is done in envelope style, and has darkened. The inside has 6 sepia tone photographs of scenes in Edinburgh done on paper. These are in Very Good condition. Each photo measures 5 1/2" by 3 1/2". Price: $4.75 + shipping.
(1645) Ancient Landscapes of the Grand Canyon - Edwin D. McKee - Copyright 1931 - 9th printing 1947. -Condition: Very Good Wonderful booklet that includes many B&W photos of the Grand Canyon area plus descriptive text. Chapters Include: The Archean Era, The Algonkian Era, The Paleozoic Era, The Msozoic Era, The Cenozoic Era, and much more. Very indepth look into the history of the area. There is a hand signature on the inside page with a date of May 1947. Outside cover is of thin cardboard and is larger than the inside pages. Booklet measures 5 1/2" by 8" and has 50 pages. Price: $9.00 + shipping.
(1931) History of the Badlands - Distributed by Husteads' Wall Drug Store - 1960's - South Dakota. -Condition: Very Good Brochure was written by Ted Hustead who owned the Drug Store. The Tri Fold brochure includes the history of the area, wildlife and much more. There is also a map of the area. Brochre measures 10" by 8" when unfolded. Price: $4.00 + shipping.
(1966) Photo Booklet: The Big Trees of California - 1894-Condition: Very Good This beautiful booklet consists of 12 large photos of different Redwoods in California. Amazing photos considering they were taken before or in 1894. The pages are in a cover, tied together by a riboon. Part of the ribbon has broken and some of the pages are no longer tied. The Booklet measures 8" by 5". This booklet is described as "Photo Gravure" and was copyrighted by A. Whitteman. Another name associated with the booklet is Jos. A. Hoffmann. Both parties also developed other pictorial souvenir albuns in 1894 called "Souvenir of San Jose, California and a "Photo Gravure of the Mid Winter Internation Exposition in San Francisco. Photogravure uses a flat copper plate etched rather deeply and printed by hand.
Historical - City Booklets
(242)Guide Book New York City Guide Book - 1964 - Condition: Very Good Pages and cover intact. 100 page Souvenir Guide. Cover has Colored Photos and Illustrations. Inside has B&W photos of Many places in NYC, center fold has colored Photos. Really fascinating details of New York over 35 years ago. Front Cover has crease. Price: $6.00 + shipping.
(G103) 1946 - Booklet - America's Williamsburg - By: Gerald Horton Bath-Condition: Very Good Complete history of Historic Williamsburg from the early days to the reconstruction in the early 40's. John D. Rockefeller was noted on the first page. The first few pages combines text with large B&W photos. The second half of the book is mostly half page B&W photos of Williamsburg buildings and people in 1946. A wonderful historic look at one of America's Most Famous Landmarks. Measures 7" by 8 1/2". Price: $9.00 + shipping.
(1687) The Town of Bridgeton, N.J. - In 1850 - Compiled in 1937. -Condition: Very Good This booklet takes a look at Bridgeton in 1850. It was written by William C. Mulford. Subjects include: General Description of Bridgeton in 1850, Roadways, Stores, Fire Department, Churches, Hotels, Industry, Transportation, Education, Leading Citizen the Hon. Lucius Q.E. Elmer, Homelife, Office Life, and Freedom of Action. Booklet measures 4" by 8" and has 8 pages.
(1875) Key West, Florida - C 1925. -Condition: Good This brochure unfolds to 24" by 16". The brochure is full of wonderful period photos of the homes and of the town itself. There is a detailed description of Key West and it is billing itself as the "Gateway to the Panama Canal"! Information sections include: History, Climate, Health is Assured, Railway Facilities, Natural Harbor, Aeroplane Service, Strategic Position, Sponge Industry, Financial Resources, Churches, Schools, Utilities, Long Key Fishing Camp, Developments Contemplated and Accommodations. This is a wonderful look back at Key West in the early 20th Century. There is some darkening on the top of one section and there are 2 small breaks in one of the folds. Sold.
(1930) Twenty Miniature Photos - San Francisco - Circa 1938. -Condition: Excellant A wonderful collection of miniature photos with information written on the backs about famous locations in San Francisco. The photos include Golden Gate Bridge, US Mint, Mission Dolores, Union Square, China Town and many more. These are all inside a small envelope that was possible to mail. The Cards were produced by Bar Dell. Prints are done in High Gloss. Photos measure 3 1/2" by 2 1/2". Price: $12.00 + shipping.
(30) PAMPHLET: Christmas Pamphlet-Condition: Good- corners creased a small amount. A little discoloration.- One small page folded in card shape. "Christmas, 1946 Headquarters Fifth Air Force APO 710" Colored picture of Bethlehem scene on cover. Inside lists Christmas activities. Mentions Japanese service in Yamato Bldg.
Price: $8.00 + shipping.
(69) PAMPHLET: The Homemaker's Helper - WWII-Condition: Very Good- All pages intact,no tears. Some yellowing.- Kelvinator Wartime Idea Exchange for Home Economists Project 6. Date: 1940-45. Includes "Household Hints for Household Efficiency." and ads for a "new electric refridgerator."
Price: $6.00 + shipping.
(246) PAMPHLET: 1930's Modern Household Hints-Condition: Very Good. Pamphlet intact, has one page with paragraph cut out. Shading on Woman's Illustration due to Scanner. Wonderful hints for the Happy Homemaker of the 30's including hints on cleaning, doctoring etc. Put out by Miles Laboratories, and includes full page ads for Alka Seltzer and Dr. Miles Nervine. Size is approx. 6" x 8" with 8 pages.
Price: $6.00 + shipping.
(1114) PAMPHLET: 1935 - Keeping Fit - Traveler's Insurance Co. - Condition: Good. Was a Hoousehold Manual on Personal Hygiene, issued by the Traveler's Insurance Company. Discusses, Air and Ventilation, avoiding colds (mentions temperatures in the working quarters should not be above 68 degrees), breathing properly, sleeping, clothing, cutting food expense, healthy eating (eat hard food to help keep the teeth and gums healthy), rules for cooking, posture, care of different parts of the body, and exercise. Outside cover has darkened but inside pages are in very good condition. Booklet measures 5" by 8" and has 26 pages. Price: $5.00 + shipping.
Looking for something special? Send us a Wish List!
© 1997 DenKen Productions